Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day....

Thank you to all the dad's in the world who have stuck by your kids and raised them to the best that you can. I honestly believe that there is no more important role in a child's life than a father....they need moms for things too - but I really believe fathers have a special kind of place in a child's life. Dad's are needed for guidance and discipline - moms can do that too, but if you are honest... Dad's do it better and get better results - at least for boys!!! As for little girls...they need a good example of what a man is so she has something to compare to for a husband... Now, I am sure there are lots of people who don't agree with me BUT - pa-shaw!!
My dad is a great feller - if there is a weeny roast he's there - if there is a tractor ride to be given - he's your man - if there is teasing to be done - he is SOOOOOOOOOOOO willing to be the go to guy... But, all kidding aside - my dad has done his best to be good father and has done things for us that most guys wouldn't. When I was little my dad worked a full time job as a lumberjack AND farmed. He milked cows before he went to work, worked a 10 hour day and came home to milk again - then he did field work at night..... Dad, I love you more than you can ever know and I don't always say it - but your the best!!!! Happy Fathers Day!!

Now onto my father in law....'Dad' - thank you for all the things that you and 'ma' have done for our family. From the constant supply of advice to the endless work you have done to help our family succeed in farming. Your a blessing, even though you wouldn't admit it.

To my lover - There are no words to tell you how much you mean to me on this day. Your the father that I always wanted any children that I had, to be blessed with. Your patient, kind, thoughtful, loving and yet are able to keep them all in line. If there was one word to describe you it is devoted - completely and utterly devoted to your family and our well being. Thank you for being the rock of my world, there is no one I love more than you - except God Himself.

But whats not to love.... I mean come on people....






I also just have to say - Ree - as much as I appreciate all of the pictures of Marlboro Man's chap wearing posterior and his muscly (muscle - eee), vein bulging forearms and although I agree he is verile.... I have to say..... he's got nothing on these baby's....






Ok... Ok - glad you see it my way!

Happy fathers day everyone!!!!

btw - CoffeeMan - your a great dad... and shortie is a lucky little girl!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooo, Milk Man does give MM a run for his money!!! What a hunky hunk. Happy Father's Day and glad you liked that recipe. Some time this week, I am giving out my Fried Rice Recipe.

Karen Deborah said...

well you had me in tears so I was ready for a grin...yeah girl he ain't even flexin his arms and they are honkin humongous I think he should be a poster man for farmers.

I don't think Ree reads many blogs.

Mrs. Mom said...

Happy Dad's Day to Everyone there Heidi!!!!

Miss you- am roasting.. melting.... slowly dissolving into a sticky stinky gooey puddle....

Love you guys!! Smooches all round there Baby ;)

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

I could NOT agree with you more about the important role a dad plays in his kids life!!! I have w-a-y to many stories from "our part-time kids" about dad's (& moms for that matter) who need to walk into a swingin 4 x 6!!!
My husband has always worked two to three jobs - out of necessity - it's just the way our lives have gone. And yet, "the boys" remember many a time he went on 4 1/2 hours sleep so that he could make part of a socceer game, or would come home bone weary tired and yet let sons attack and play wrestle him.
Praise the Lord for husbands/dad's that strive so hard to meet all of their responsibilitys, and do so with tons of love and laughter :-}

Staci said...

Oh, those arms. Isn't it funny how those can only be had by working - you just can't get 'em by "working out". You lucky thing!

Heide said...

Stick that man on a tractor and who needs foreplay... oops, did I just type that out loud. If you want/need to delete this for Grandma then I understand. Hugs to you and your boys.

Sara said...

I agree with you 100 percent. That man is a prime cut of beef.

(I feel the same way about my husband ;) He tells me "I'm not a piece of meat!" but I'm pretty sure he's flattered.)

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

How's that song go? "You can't get these kind of muscles anywhere but a farm...HEY, I'm a country man!" Whew! Great guns!

Heide said...

Hey there chicka! You're always talking about your wild and wonderful boys. I posted a short video of my youngest in wrestling today. I thought of you and your crew when watching it... no idea why, I've a mind like a blender. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I too am a forearm lover and picked my hubby not only because he is more than willing to take me as I am, but for his flexy forearms and queezie-peach butt. One question though, how do you get yours so clean? Mine's a mechanic and I scrub and scrub and he is always the same shade of dingy gray. :/