Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fried bread....

How many of you have food from your childhood that you make for yourself today? There are so many that I want to make yet, I am afraid they wont taste like the used to... and I dont want to quash that memory.. That being said, there are a handful of things that I DO make that have turned out pretty good and close to the memory that I have of them. Fried bread is one of them.



Its just fresh bread dough fried in butter.... I often brown onions and fry it in that butter OR I fry it in just butter, then sprinkle either salt, white sugar, brown sugar or jam on it.. IT ROCKS!!!
Here is what it looks like and you are gonna have to make your own bread to see what it tastes like!!!
















Sometimes I use dipping sauce with it.... yummmmmmy.....



So try it - I know you will like it! We do this everytime I make bread and its still a treat!

In other news Lispy had an ear growth the other morning....



The other night he had a cough, got up and got himself a mint because they seem to help his cough...


And Big Son is now in....









Milk Dud - well, he's tired cuz its hard to be a baby growing into a boy...





Till later.....

15 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Ya gotta love those boys! No, never have had fried bread. Never even imagined it.

Staci said...

I've had fried bread before, and now I want some RIGHT NOW! With some plum jelly, please....

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about maybe not having it come out the same. My mom always made fried bread this way when we were little kids. I've been wanting to try it myself but just haven't done it because I was afraid it would be another of those memories ruined by trying to recreate it. I just may have to do it now.

Those eyelashes! My gosh!

Mrs. Mom said...

Oh Heidi, those boys are so adorable!! I just want to smooch Milk Duds cheeks!! And ^5 to Big Son!!! Cuddles to Lispy too, so he feels better PDQ!

Love yas sista xoxoxo

Jody Blue said...

I love fried bread dough--just don't love it that eating it makes my thighs and butt look like it!

Farmchick said...

Have not had fried bread in a LONG time....we made it but called it something different...Pyanitzi--which is Ukrainian which is what I am!

Karen Deborah said...

FORGET THE BREAD I WANT MILKDUD!
OH MY GOSH HE IS GORGEOUS.

Vickie said...

Now I'm gunna hafta try that fried bread dough. It's right up my alley! I've got homemade plum jelly to put on it!

Is that an angel or what? look at those cheeks - I just wanna pinch
'em! Milk Dud is so cute!

WudWerkr said...

yes and we always have molasses with it and it was goooooood

Judy said...

Mmmmmm Fried Bread, but we do it a bit differently. My husband is the baker in the house, so he is often in charge of the fried bread dough breakfasts. He has a nephew who always requests it when we get together. Anyway, we roll the dough out thin before frying. Yum! I most often eat it with butter and salt, but powdered sugar is good, too. Just thought I'd share...

Jinglebob said...

Always just fried ours in oil. Now I am going to have to try butter! Dang you!

Them's some cute kids, I don't care who you are!

dickiebo said...

Since my dear Mother-in-law passed away, I have never again had fried bread - as it is simply sooooo fattening! M-in-l didn't care, so she made it for me just 'cos she knew that I love it!

Maui Mamma said...

I guess fry bread has different meanings to different people. My hubby is Native and after 11 years, I still can't make "fry bread" like he wants. If it was up to me, I would get rhodes rolls, spread them out, and fry them. Maybe when I am as old as him mom, I will make good fry bread. (Ha)

Erin M said...

eeeee! i love milkdud's chick fluff hair!

Greenmare said...

oh my!!!!! those eyelashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
women in Hollywood would kill for those!