Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cover fire...

How-DEE Minnie Pearl style! So sorry I didn't get to write much the last couple of days, but I have had to do my 'job' and will be done for a while again on Thursday. I just wanted to share a little bit about raising boys - which is becoming more interesting everyday. Yesterday after about 4 hours in the car and a trip to Mc'D's we were all getting a little bit pie-eyed... To pass the time in the car we often play 'tanks' or 'army' and such. Boys are like that ya know - violent. Anyway, about half way home and three quarters of the way through one of Big Sons talks about different WWII guns, when I asked for just a couple of minutes of quiet because I had to think about my next stop...aka - my ears were about to fall off because of the constant chatter.... about 45 seconds into the quiet break I hear what sounds like some one farting the Star Spangled Banner.... I look in the rear view mirror to see Big Son with a surprised look on his face. I didn't even have to say a word when he blurts 'Just laying down a little cover fire mom'..... I just nod my head and open the vented windows in the back - as the little motor is pushing the fresh air into the car, Lispy adds, with a completely straight face mind you, this... 'I thure (sure) don't vant to be around when you thop (drop) that grenade'...... needless to say the quiet was over with immediately.


When Milk Dud starts to talk, I am afraid it will be all about farts, war, guns, ammo, dirt, cow poop, how big the boogers are and so much more. I have been lulled into believing that he wont be like that - but, I want him that way I guess. They would be 'my boys' if they weren't.. so imagine those words coming from these little mouths.....






Don't mind the Milk Mans shirt...he just got done eating and the pork chops dripped on his shirt....




I love that picture.... I often picture us (meaning people) in this place. Each of us a babe being held by strong arms that love us, yet are at times unaware at what is truly going on .



Now this picture is my favorite - as a woman of course....



or better yet... his woman.



10 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

I totally love your boys.

The conversations here run along the same lines...lol.... Wrecking Crew thinks that "Farrrrrttt!" is too funny to say, and Cub thinks its too funny to do. *sigh* No wonder my smeller does not work all that well.

We are under water- again- here. I'll zap ya a mail soon, as there is a Johnny Reb update as well.

Loves to you all Heidi!!!! Smooch those babies from me please!!!

Greenmare said...

Love all the pictures!!! sweet baby butts! Hey! we have an outfit in common! I love my chaps and cycle boots, they make me sound so tough!

Heide said...

Oh heck, I have three daughters (and another girl who practically lives with us)and the four of them could probably out belch and out fart your boys on any given day. Sometimes I just shake my head at their behavior... other times I give up and join in.

Love the pictures! That lake and house with the water wheel behind your husband's behind are gorgeous. Is this place near your farm?
"Drop a grenade" snort, giggle.

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Oh Heidi, that is so funny! Having ony raised girls, our conversations were a little different. :) Check my profile and email me so that I can send our plans for coming to WI. Susan

Anonymous said...

My husband always said that raising boys is like herding cats. They are always one step ahead of you and never fall into line. Loved the pictures.

Jinglebob said...

Milkman's a biker dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man! Now I see why you want to come visit. About end of July? Hmmmm?

Vickie said...

Love those boys. I raised two with a little sister. She could keep up with the boys, including my husband (who sometimes instigates things) on whatever it was they were doing to gross us all out.

I did this, wouldn't take for it --- get your video camera out at the supper table and secretly turn it on, don't let the fam know, and let 'em roll. You'll especially love it 10 years from now!!!

Erin M said...

so really? More of what I have to look forward too, eh? Levi is 2 and he already thinks fake burping is hilarious...

WudWerkr said...

That was funny , and dont be going on about lil BOYS , i have a girl and some of the grenades are JUST AS BAD LOLOLOL

Karen Deborah said...

OK I know how enamored you are with your man and that's a good thing, but where the heck are you guys? STINKIN SPECTACULAR!!!

ooohhhh that baby makes my lips pucker, it's pure reflex. Can you mail baby sugar?