Friday, July 11, 2008

Lispys Thief Catching Theory....


As I begin this post I need to put up a disclaimer: The language used by said children in this post is not taught nor encouraged by said parents... However, said children pick these words up from older brothers whom are impossible to correct when said language is used - there for we end up with a swearing Lisper! Let the fun ensue -


A few weeks back my mother and I were running some errands for the farm. I had to get groceries, farm supplies etc. so she was along to help me wrangle the boys and load/unload the crap I had to get. Its amazing how much 'stuff' it takes to run a house - like food.... tons of food....

We had stopped to get Pappa Murphys Pizza, which I lust after by the way - almost as much as I do for the Milk Man - and were waiting in the truck for them to be finished. It was a long line so it was going to be a bit of a wait. This particular store is in a strip mall that has a small pharmacy next to the pizza joint. You can get anything you want there, cards, toys, games, knick knacks, candy etc... We had parked outside of this store because we could 'window shop' and watch the pizza shop at the same time. Before I go any further it is probably a good idea to give you a weeee bit of background about somthing that goes on in our house - other than the swearing lessons - Big Son and the Milk Man watch war movies but not graphic stuff - WWII documentations etc. One night they were watching an episode of the Nazi infestation of France and how horrible they were to the Jews etc. Milk Man said "Take them out back and shoot them - then they will stop - quick justice"... For some other reason we always say when someone/somthing is being stupid shoot em... not sure why we do this, but we do.


Back to Lispy -


As we sat in the truck ogling the pretty window sun catchers in the pharmacy, 3 kids walked past. They looked a little shady and kept looking behind them. About 20 feet behind them came the shadiest one of all - he wore a hooded sweatshirt, butt crack showing jeans - the whole 'gangsta' look ***vomit here***. He proceded into the pharmacy, hands into sweat shirt pocket in the front. I said to my mom, "Theres a wanna be thief - bet he steals somthing from in there and comes out on a fast run".... I worked for human services as a parent aid/welfare worker for 11 years you can spot these a mile away. ANYWAY - not 3 minutes after he walked in, sure as crap he was running out hands in pockets, down the street where is little freaky friends were waiting. Big Son yells in my ear from the back seat 'MOM call the cops - he just robbed that place! MOM its your duty to report this!! MOM arnt you going to do somthing to stop him?" MOM - MOM - MOM!!!! He is all worked into a lather as Lispy sits in his car seat calm as can be and out of no where were says (and I dont condone this word, I hate it with all of my soul)

"Thust (just) soot (shoot) the futter'..........You know what word that was, I need not explain. Quick simple justice. That is the way Lispy is, deal with it and be done with it - no need to get all worked up and out of sorts - take care of buisiness once and you wont have to deal with it again.... The picture of him sitting in his car seat, buckled in, with his left leg ankle on his right knee, leaning back like there is not a care in the world, with his hot wheels sun glass's on is enough to bring fits of laughter at any given moment. My mom and I had the worst time trying not to laugh, thank God the pizza's were close to done so at least I could leave and let it all out.


Like I said, we dont use that kind of language as a practice, but its out there. You cant shield them from everything, just guide them when the oportunity brings itself to light....


So I leave you with a Lispy picture - can you imagine that word coming out of this Cherubs mouth?



As I have stated before:

15 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

OMG!!! LOLOLOL I love it!!! Lispy is Da Man there!!! Heidi, I REEEAAALLLLYYYY THINK we gots something in common here... maybe you were not too way out in suggesting that DNA test afterall...!!

Hey check your mail- I zapped you last night w/ pix from here- just want to make sure you got it! ;)

I have to agree with Lispy though- and honestly, I could see both of my two smaller dudes saying the same thing. In fact, I can see in my minds eye Cub camly getting his toy revolver out, and calmly taking aim, instructing the Bad Guy to stop and drop.... (I actually have to do a check when we load up to go somewhere, and make sure that no one other than liscensed carriers have a firearm. Even though the kids have toys, it makes me wary to have them "packing" in public JUST for that reason. If Cub sees someone doing wrong, he really is liable to draw on them! --- and then make Wrecking Crew pin them down...)

Kids! ... Love em! ;)

Lispy has a Fan Club..lol

Suzanne said...

Yep....frontier justice.

Some kids just tell it like it is.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

spanki said...

it seems like the cuter the kids, the worse the mouth! and he is pretty darn cute! i am getting that kind of mouth from our precious little girl, what to do, what to do???

Take a Deep Breath said...

Oh My how funny

Peggy said...

I so love getting my laughs for the day here with Lispy! He is so adorable I want to pinch his cheeks!

Rising Rainbow said...

Not much you can say to that.

Nancy said...

Art Linkletter would have loved Lispy!!! His TV show was, no doubt, before your time, but he had this show called "Kids Say the Darnesat Things." Lispy would have been #1 on that show, that's for sure!!!

Cute little guy!!!!

(((HUGS)))

goatgirl said...

Make sure you write down all those cute little things that Lispy says. Then years later pull it out to show his girlfriend:)
He is such a cutey, for sure.
I remember Art Linkletter, he would have loved Lispy for sure.

Heidi said...

Thanks for all the great comments guys!! I have been busy the last couple of days and have not had a chance to write or reply to your comments - Babys comeing equels BUSY!! I have to take Big Son to vacation Bible school today, so I will try to post a little bit later! LOL :)

Bayou Woman said...

That is hilarious!!!! Futtter!!! May I use it? Sometimes, there is just a need for the right word and none other will work!!!
BW

Karen Deborah said...

Baby Wyatt Erp jr. Where's he going to live where the justice of the old days is still in effect?
We could use some hanging judges,..direct that boy into criminal justice. There's hope!!

Train Wreck said...

OMG I about pee'd my pants! I can just see that sweet little innocent, gears goin in his head! Which leads me to ponder... When they are old enough to have bb guns... you better enroll them in hunter safety!!! I love it!!
My middle son was unable to say T's he would instead replace the letter T with the letter F. We taught him VERY quickly that all match box , hot wheels etc were all CARS!!!

Plowing and Sowing said...

Just found your blog. That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

SUGAMAMA'S CAFE' said...

That was great! I really dig your blog!
~M~

Paige said...

That is a GREAT story!

Absolutely worth picking up some language to make him so funny, I am sure of it.