Monday, December 22, 2008

You asked for it.....

This is one of my favorite songs that they sing. My brother in law has a wonderful voice, but last night he was getting a bit horse. My sister in law is a nutcase - if she had to stand still to sing she would stutter like Mel Tillis...








This is also one of my favorites - but for some reason I cant get the dang thing to start at the begining of the song... sorry - please forgive me. I shall lay prostrate on the ground in sack cloth and ash's until you do!!!! Thank you... I dont like to lay on the ground really...ok, what - yeah on the ground not so much.




SO there you have most of it. There is a couple more that I am going to save for Christmas - and the boys's saying thier parts. Lispy was a shepard and didnt talk the whole time, could not believe the silence. Big Son was a wise man and for his age it fits his smart crackin mouthy self! He is a good kid, just at the age of 'feeling' like he is more than just a kid. That is a posotive thing you know, we must let them grow up. If it sounds like I am trying to convince myself of that fact, I am - just dont tell me about it so I wont know ok.... Thanks.... That made sense right?

10 comments:

It's me said...

Neat!! Great harmonies there.

This made me want to post a video of my talented guy, until I realized the only video I have of him is pretending like he can play the ukulele. I don't think he'd like that in the public eye. ;)

Jocelyn said...

That was absolutely amazing.
If you could get one of just the Brothers that would be cool :)

Wow, MM has all sorts of super fabulous talents! Arent you a lucky girl!

goatgirl said...

Heidi, You don't know how much that lifted my heart. I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself because we are having a huge snowstorm here and my son is trying to get home for Christmas from Colorado and with two flights cancelled so far I'm afraid that he may not make it and my husband works for the roads and is running a snowplow day and night through Christmas Day. So I have had a heavy heart today but hearing Milk Man and the Milk Sister sing made me smile. You are a very lucky gal.
That was beautiful! Thank you.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you shared these with us. I am feeling much more in the spirit after seeing these. They are really good.

Ilove visiting with you, Heidi...sometimes I wish I could just run down to the farm and hang out for a while.

Marlene

LDF said...

Wow! Seriously, wow! Takes me back to my childhood and gospel music. Since I moved "up north" here, I've been seriously deficient in the music department. Your milkman is one amazing fella. Thanks so much for sharing, Heidi!

Karen Deborah said...

STINKIN COOL! Ya'll rock!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...but in being from WI, I have to say it's the backgound (VFW/Community Hall) that fascinates me....cleaning up that coffee in the kitchen...etc...

...anyway, MM and you are very lucky to have this great musical tradition in the family! It's beautiful! Their voices blend so beautifully!

Suzanne said...

We attend a church that insists on singing only "praise music". It gets weary after awhile. Give me an old fashioned hymn any day. They do a great job a capella. That is so hard.

Thanks for sharing.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Holly said...

wow. What a crew! I can't sing for anything so I am impressed by those who can!

Nancy said...

These people are really quite good!!! What a fiun family get-together!

(((((( HUGS ))))))