Just a quick post to tell you all HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Here on the farm we try to list at least 5 things that we are thankful for - specific things. So in the comments section I would like everyone to try to do that or at least name one. Here are my 5 things...
1. Jesus Christ - without him nothing else would be what it is for me.
2. My husband and his never ending devotion to our family and the way of life we have both been raised in.
3. Our Sons - all of them, even the ones who are not our flesh and blood. They are just as much ours as Big Son, Lispy and Milk Dud are. They work hard, love quickly and try thier best with all they do.
4. My health -Having been sick the last few weeks of pregnancy with Milk Dud I have realized how important health is, and I am SO thankful that God has blessed me with good health.
5. The abilty to be able to worship in the way that I choose without persicution. To be able to go to church on Sunday morning without fear of death or imprisonment.
I am always thankful for my family - mom, dad, inlaws, grandparents, sibling etc. but the only reason they are not listed in the top 5 is because there are certain things that have happened through the year that made choose like I did - not because I dont love them....well at least I love them most of the time!!! JUST KIDDING!!!
But this year I wanted to add 1 -
6. My blogging friends... I truley have been blessed by you guys and honored that you would choose to spend your time reading my jumbled thoughts on paper. I am SO thankful for you all - I wont even begin to name names because I dont want to overlook anyone - you are all very important to me. The first thing I do after getting everyone breakfast at 5am is to sit down and go through 'my blogs' list and see how you are all doing. Being on the farm, I dont get out much - except to the local farm stores and the grocery store. BUT, I love my life like that - so its great that I can have all of you. Thank you again for being part of my daily life - Blessings to you all...
Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray
We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks, amen.Now please pass the dressing
We're slaves to the olfactory overload
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold
But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for
For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head
I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know
Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure
That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace
So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited
By Scott Wesemann
Happy Turkey Day!!!!!
The Weather.... .always!
3 years ago