Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Guess What Mamma's Got!!!!... besides milk.....

I bought myself a CAMERA!!! No more drawing on cave walls for me - I got me some technology! Now I have to figure out how to use the dang thing - after I clean the house, change the baby, feed the baby, snuggle the baby, feed him again, and again and again.....Water the garden and haul gravity boxs (grain wagons) for the Milk Mans dad. We are combining oats today and for the next few days. I am going to take pictures today of that and if I am able, I will post them with explinations today. I dont know if I mentioned that last fall, November 30th to be exact, our machine shed - work shop - granery burned to the ground..... It was bad - the saving grace was that no one got hurt. However, we lost 5 of our tractors, our chopper, 3 grain wagons FULL of shelled corn, our JD gator, ALL of the shop tools from hammers to huge power drills that we used to take the silo unloaders 'up', which is another post all together - we also lost all of our seed oats and feeding oats, the 'fanning mill' that we use to clean the oats with, and SO SO SO much more. Needless to say, insurance is NEVER NEVER NEVER what you are told it is.... BUT - enough saddness - I got me self a camera and I cant wait to try it out on all of you!!!

Hope to see you later today!!!

13 comments:

Carla said...

Yea you! I look forward to seeing your pictures! (I am sorry about your fire-that is never good)

Suzanne said...

It's about dang time lady!!! Good for you. What camera did you buy? Since I have at least 20 cameras here and I should be able to walk you through anything. The Farmer just shakes his head when another camera arrives in the mail, but I just tell him I'm trying to keep up with his golf clubs.

I'm really, really sorry about the fire. We had a flood at the end of last August. It was terrible. We didn't lose anything like what you lost. You lost machinery and equipment which support your ability to make a living. And amen to the insurance. We got the limit of our policy but have spent three times that on the renovation.

I'm hoping that none of those tractors were vintage. I'm crying just at the thought. And the Gator.....oh gosh, I want a Gator so bad.

I'm really looking forward to your pictures and your explanations because I don't know anything about "fanning mills". The Farmer manages an organic herb farm. No animals, no fanning mills!

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Mrs. Mom said...

Oh How I Have Missed You, Heidi!!!
Cant wait to see your test subjects with the camera there girl!! Lost of Lispy and Milk Dud and all the boys pics, right?? lol

Milk Dud sounds like my two--- they started eating non-stop on the day they arrived, and have not quit yet!

Sorry about the fire- but like you said- no one was hurt. "Things" can be replaced. People cant.

HUGE hugs to you lady!! And all "my" nephews, toooooo!!

Train Wreck said...

Awesome! I expect photos of sleeping Milk Dud, awake Milk Dud, bathtime Milk Dud, Other little "Duds" holding Milk Dud, Milkman holding Milk Dud, French Milk Maid holding Milk Dud...No not Eating Milk Dud! I love you and all but I draw the line there,he! he! So careful with all your chores! But hurry up!!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

So glad you are back to share your lively life! What a cutie Milk Dud is! I want to see those LONNGG fingers built for milkin'!
It's a sweet pix of Daddy & Milk Dud's first meeting!
(I know WHAT is in a farmer's barn...OMG! You lost generations of acquisitions...one's you don't even remember were there until you need it again! So sorry)

Mia said...

very cool. enjoy the hell outta that camera :)

Heidi said...

W.O.W. You hit the nail on the head my dear!!! Thousands of $$ in antiques that are so heart breaking to my father in law. His dad's thrashing machine that was in MINT condition, his dad's logging sled, his dad fencing equipment that we still used and so much more that can never be replaiced. Not only that, but things that, as you said, you didnt remember until you need them.... it really was a horrible loss, BUT we have our family and things can be replaced if needed. :) Thanks for understanding everyone!!

goatgirl said...

WHAT insurance isn't what you are told it is??? Now you tell me! I'm glad you got a camera. I miss mine. It was in the truck! I was complaining about it and now I'd be happy for it back.
Smell Milk Dud's head again for me. I need a fix.

goatgirl said...

And I should have mentioned I am sorry about the fire. What a terrible thing to happen to your family.

spanki said...

oh i look so forward to seeing that little dud again! he is so precious! i hate to hear about your fire, but you are right, family is what really matters! use that camera girl! i want pics of everything! the kids, the house, the farm, the animals! let me see!! glad to have you back!!

spanki said...

oh, and what about the dinging room, my husband really wants to see if he can make one just like yours!!

BITR Country Girl said...

I'm sorry about your fire. But as you said the upside is no one got hurt. You will love your camera! I got one this past christmas and I really don't know how I exsisted before it?!

The Jillybean said...

Can't wait to see what all you come up with to take pictures of.