Saturday, January 2, 2010

Honey corn bread....

Hope you are all warm and well fed this fine morning.. I have a question for all of my southern readers. A few years ago I had the pleasure of working with a black gentlman that was an WONDERFUL cook. He laughed at my northern naievty when it came to southern cooking. One night we were at work and he brought in greens with ham hocks, red beans, dirty rice and the most amazing honey corn bread - the only honey corn bread - I have ever tasted.... I drool at the thought of it right now!!! SO - I was wondering if anyone has a great recipe - I dont want an internet recipe I would like something that was a family recipe. I promise not make a cook book.. :)but I want a recipe that is special because those are the best taisting!

Talk to you all a bit later today!

10 comments:

LDF said...

Mm mmm, that sounds so yummy! My Gramma (whose family was from the South) made cornbread, but not with honey. Hope someone shares the recipe!

Mrs. Mom said...

I'll look and see what I can find out for you sista ;)

Warm? No. Froze our butts off today working outside. Yeah yeah- I know.. pathetic. But it was about 38*, with strong North winds. It. Sucked.

Loves to you and all those boys!!

~ Sara ~ said...

Here... you can try this one. It's our FAVORITE!!!!

http://sarascookingjournal.blogspot.com/2010/01/corn-bread.html

WudWerkr said...

Have had it , dont have receipe , when u find one I want some made . Candle lady wont make cornbread for the old guy .


shes mean i tell ya mean !!

LDF said...

So that's why you were angling for some sweet potato cornbread, Coffee Man! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi hun,
Happy New Year!I only have a recipe for corn bread from a well used mexican cook book which has cheese and jalepenos in it! I like the idea of eating it with honey..Maybe you make plain cornbread and drizzle it with honey whilst it is warm..MMMMMM...Must stop thinking of food as i am on a diet..Well TRYING to diet *LOL*

Love, Light & Blessings to you andyour family,
Mrs Snow :)

Karen Deborah said...

NO WAY I don't eat corn cake. Just make corn bread and add a half cup of honey.

Southern Gal said...

Hey,I'm here from Andi's blog.
I'm from the South...the part that doesn't like sweet cornbread, so I can't help you with the recipe. I hope someone will be able to help you out.

Anonymous said...

Off the internet, after a year of trying various recipes, I found this one. I've been making this for a couple years now...it's a heavenly and sweet honey cornbread, the best I've tried. I have changed it a little...I double the honey, and melt the butter in the cast iron skillet, heat until HOT, pour the batter in and then toss in the oven. Rub down with more butter when it comes out of the oven. Recipe fits in a 9" skillet as-is, and a 12" doubled. Enjoy!!!

Byron James Brazier II said...

That sounds absolutely delicious, i shall have to see if i can come up with a good recipe for that.
here is a recipe of my own if your interestedA Lord, a Lady and a cute little Princess: Tuesday is food day Enjoy your day