Saturday, February 7, 2009

The death of my washer....again....

You guys are NOT going to believe this, but my other washing machine gave up the ghost last night. I hate to be a downer, BUT could you all pray just a little bit for me. We have to try to buy a new one today - these two will cost more to fix than buy a differant one. I have been up trying to find a used one, but like Milk Man says - 'You could be buying someone else's junk' and he is right. I have been looking for a used industrial one like The Farmers Wife suggested, but I cant find any - DANG IT!!! LOL Money is tight for most people right now I know, but without sounding like I am whining, cuz I hate to sound like I am whining even if I am - farming is not so great right now..... milk has dropped to a low of less than $12 per hundred weight - we see about .30 of what you guys pay in the store. Sad state of afairs huh? Anyway - pray that I get a good 'deal' at Best Buy today would you? Thanks - I will be back with somthing better to chat about later I promise..... like an Amish Tupperware party....

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Yes, I hear you....I can't begin to imagine , with all that's going on with the economy, layoffs, etc. how incredible tough it must be for the American farmer.....my heart goes out to all of you, who do what you do for all of us !!!

I swear, washing machines are not made to last more than a few years now a days....I just bought a new one also......

Unknown said...

I am sorry...that is not fun at all! I will definitely be praying for you and a good price.

Peggy said...

Oh how I feel your pain! When we had our dairy farm and milk prices went up everyone thought we were making a killing. They just didn't realize the farmers get the smallest share but do the most work and have to buy the most equipment. When something broke I would almost get sick to my stomach as money was really tight. I will say a prayer you find the perfect washer for a steal of a deal! Lowes has their front loading ones on sale here.

Terri said...

I just found your blog from Hidden Haven Homestead, and figured I'd also send some positive thoughts your way for cheap, sturdy appliances! Because, heaven knows, with five boys you need sturdy! Good luck!

Erin M said...

i hope you can find a deal!

Train Wreck said...

Son Of A Gun! I know just how you feel! AND they don't make them to last anymore! I just had to buy a new washer a few months ago. And A NEW STOVE! argh! I think whirlpool is a good brand. (I asked my washer repair man!)

Patricia said...

I also asked my washer repair man and he told me Whirpool is the best, in his opinion.

I ended up buying a Whirpool Cabrio (the top loader = I don't have room for a front loader) and I absolutely LOVE IT ! It does a beautiful job, and it spins out all the water, the clothes do not tangle up (it does have an agitator) and its QUIET !